A natural mouthwash developed by a dentist and clinically tested for oral and dental health!
Additive-free and pasteurized mouthwash is made from Finnish lingonberry juice concentrate, from which natural sugars have been removed by fermentation
Lingonberry mouthwash mouthwash is developed and clinically tested by dentist Pirjo Pärnänen, a completely natural better alternative to conventional mouthwash that promotes oral health.
Lingonberry contains phenolic compounds, i.e. flavonoids, of which anthocyanins are the most important. The mouthwash therefore contains natural lingonberry anthocyanins and polyphenols. In studies, lingonberry has been found to have antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
- Suitable for daily oral health care or occasionally for example after various dental operations
- The product should not be swallowed, but it is not dangerous because it is a completely natural product
100% natural mouthwash – Fermented Licorice Mouthwash
- Mouthwash reduces the risk of caries and gingivitis and is easy to use to support self-care.
- Helps dry mouth significantly by increasing saliva secretion
- Diversifies the oral microbiota and promotes the growth of good bacteria
- In an oral clinical trial, it was found to significantly inhibit the growth of Candida yeasts and Streptococcus mutans bacteria.
- Reduces gingivitis and bleeding gums and the amount of plaque
Interesting research on the potential health effects of lingonberry mouthwash
“HLT, FT, Pirjo Pärnänen shows in his doctoral thesis (Combining Biochemistry to dentistry: from in vitro Candida glabrata observations to an in vivo clinical lingonberry application, 2020) that:
In an oral clinical trial, fermented lingonberry juice significantly inhibited the growth of Candida yeasts and Streptococcus mutans bacteria. Bleeding gums and amounts of visible plaque were also reduced. Pärnänen studied the effects of lingonberry mouthwash both in laboratory experiments and clinically as a substance that prevents the growth of Candida species that occur in oral yeast infections and microbes that occur in caries (Streptococcus mutans, lactobacilli). The mouthwash reduces the risk of caries and gingivitis and is easy to use to support self-care.”
Read more about the topic and watch Pirjo’s interview (in Finnish):
- The dentist’s lingonberry research was not taken seriously: Now on the market, a product that interests the world
- Pirjo’s TerveysSummit interview – The effects of fermented lingonberry juice on your oral health https://terveyssummit.fi/fermentoidun-puolukkamehun-vaikutukset-suusi-terveyteen-pirjo-parnanen/
3. Pärnänen, P. A preparation for balancing the composition of the oral microbial flora. EP 2585087B1, 2017. https://worldwide.espacenet.com/patent/search/family/042308163/publication/WO2011157898A1?q=WO2011157898A1
4. Pärnänen, P.; Nawaz, A.; Sorsa, T.; Meurman, J.; Nikula-Ijäs, P. The Effect of Fermented Lingonberry Juice on Candida glabrata Intracellular Protein Expression. International Journal of Dentistry 2017; 6185395. https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/6185395
5. Hoornstra, D.; Vesterlin, J.; Pärnänen, P., Al-Samadi, A.; Zlotogorski-Hurvitz, A.; Vered, M; Salo, T. Fermented lingonberry juice inhibits oral tongue squamous cell carcinoma invasion in vitro similarly to curcumin. In Vivo 2018; 32: 1089-1095. https://doi.org/10.21873/invivo.11350