PELLAX – coarse flax meal
Domestic gluten-free flaxseed preparation that promotes the regular and normal functioning of the stomach and intestines. The alpha-linoleic acid (ALA) contained in flaxseed meal helps to keep blood cholesterol levels normal.
Pellax® coarse flax meal is made by a patented method (FI 100696) from domestic flaxseeds cultivated in a controlled manner. Cold pressed granulated meals contain some of the oil contained in flaxseed. Flaxseed does not contain gluten.
Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, also a source of lignan
Pellax is also a good source of polyunsaturated Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids, as well as lignan. Lignan is a phenolic compound and a plant estrogenic. Flaxseeds contain 700 mg / 100 g of lignan.
How does Pellax work?
Pellax contains alpha-linoleic acid (Omega-3) and linoleic acid (Omega-6). Alpha-linoleic acid is an omega-3 fatty acid that is essential for humans and should be obtained from food.
- Flaxseeds increase fecal mass and promote regular/normal bowel and intestinal function.
- Flax lignans promote normal and regular functioning of the stomach and digestive system.
- Alpha-linoleic acid (ALA) helps keep blood cholesterol levels normal.
(The beneficial effect is obtained by consuming 2 grams of alpha-linoleic acid per day. It can be obtained from 3 tablespoons (18 g) of Pellax flaxseed meal or, for example, a teaspoon of flaxseed oil.)
Lignans contained in flaxseed meal
- promote normal prostate function of elderly men
- maintain normal breast tissue function in older women
- maintain the well-being of women during menopause